Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, and sometimes your smile is the source of your joy.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Easy Cards


I like to purchase paper in packs or pads, so I have lots of coordinating options. I always have a hard time figuring out how to use the large pictorial prints. I hit upon this idea when making Christmas cards that I think is worth sharing. Cut the patterned sheet into six 4X6 inch rectangles. Mount each on a mat of coordinating cardstock, then on a pre-made 5X7 inch card. (If your blank cards are 5X6.5, like mine, then trim 1/2 inch off one short end of your patterned piece.) Highlight some areas of the print with Stickles or other glitter glue. Then use stickers, die cut letters, or rubber stamps to add a word (or two). That's it! Because the print is so busy, additional images aren't usually necessary. Here's an example made from Me and My Big Ideas Paper and the Quickutz Holiday font. I realize you've probably all sent out your Christmas cards by now (at least I hope so!! ), but this idea would work for other holidays and occasions, too. You could also pre-make a bunch of these, leaving out the words, which could then be added when an occasion comes along. Hope you have fun with this idea and it helps you clean out your paper stash. (To make room for more, of course!!)

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you started a blog too! Great card idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, time to start blogging again! Even if it is just to post your cards for challenges.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete